[EP-tech] making a document upload not appear in summary page

Hi All,

Further to this, you also need to turn full text indexing off for any of the ?hidden? documents as well, so there aren?t any search results showing up, that then display with no documents (since they are hidden).. might be a telltale sign that you actually do have something tucked away?

We have added an extra document type e.g ?hidden?, but also added an extra tickbox for ?isIndexed?, which allows fulltext indexing to be set on/off at a document by document level? selecting ?hidden? type automatically turns the isIndexed to false.

Most of this is also discussed in the list many years ago? (3.1.x days? (20/06/2007)), my doco was updated 3 years ago, but that was for 3.3.xx updates?

In the file /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Fulltext.pm
add a test for document security in the sub 'get_value'

THIS SUB HANDLES INDEXING OF HIDDEN and ISINDEXED REQUIREMENTS
with the following rules
   Hidden documents NEVER get indexed, regardless of the isindexed field setting.
   IF the document is Hidden, it just skips to the next one.

   IF the document isnt Hidden, then
      IF checks the isindexed flag, and if the flag is set to "TRUE"
          Index the document
      ENDIF
   ENDIF

sub get_value
{
        my( $self, $object ) = @_;
        my @docs = $object->get_all_documents;
        my $r = [];
        foreach my $doc ( @docs )
        {
    #MB      added test for security of the document....
    #        if the document is hidden, skip and do the next document
    #        if the document isnt hidden, and the isindexed flag is true then process
               next if $doc->get_value( "security" ) eq "hidden";
               if ($doc->get_value( "isindexed" ) eq "TRUE")
               {
                       push @{$r}, "_FULLTEXT_:".$doc->get_id;
               }
        }