[EP-tech] Re: Apache segfault

Hi George,

> It would be good if you could provide the relevant apache logs. Moreover,
> if you uninstall the packages you mentioned you installed yesterday, does
> apache work OK?

I haven't tried yet, but I would expect so - it broke the instant I
installed them!  I may back them out to confirm, but I need them installed
for the XSLT import plugins to work.

> In the link you provided it's talking about the expat library and I'm not
> sure the packages you've mentioned are related to that.

I'm not totally clear either, but they're both XML related, so seemed like
a reasonable bet.

> Nonetheless, what the link implies as a solution (*IF* this is your
> problem), is to install apache through sources so as to remove the
> double-linking with lib-expat.

Hm, that's what I was afraid of :)  I'm not sure how to do that, or what it
means to "remove the double-linking", so I'm hesitant to go down that route
just yet.

Cheers,

Richard