[EP-tech] Re: Perl question

The short answer is yes, there has been thinking.  It's hard because if we move over to some kind of MVC Nirvana, we have to make sure all the existing bazaar packages keep working.  We also have to provide an upgrade path for everyone's bespoke functionality.

I remember how big EPrints 2 to 3 migrations were 10 years ago.  3 to 4 (which is really what you're talking about) sounds an order of magnitude bigger.

We should evolve rather than change.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services