[EP-tech] Re: Permission denied error installing plugin

Hello Everyone,

I have found a solution to the issue and have now installed the plugin without issue. Thank you to everyone who helped.

The problem seems to stem from SELinux being enabled and enforced.

In line with the troubleshooting doc (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Troubleshooting - A Note on SELinux) the following was set but made no difference:

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_t /usr/share/eprints

I found the setting that worked for me was httpd_sys_rw_content_t instead of httpd_sys_content_t to allow read (r) and write (w) giving:

                                chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t /usr/share/eprints

I got the idea from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28856148/centos-7-apache-php-mkdir-permission-denied

You may find these commands handy as well to check SELinux:

#Check file SELinux security context

ls -Z /usr/share/eprints

# Check SELinux status

sestatus

# Check whether SELinux is being enforced

getenforce

I am running CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core).

I hope that is handy for anyone else who may experience the same issue.

Best regards,

Kahena

Best regards,

Kahena