[EP-tech] Possible importing BibTeX bug in monograph

Hi everybody,

When importing a @TECHREPORT from a BibTeX file in EPrints 3.3.14 -like the one I've included for PoC in the end of this email- an eprint is created that has the value technicalreport in its monograph_type variable, which is wrong (it should have been "technical_report"). As you can see from my export, some warnings are returned, some of which referring to undefined phrases in (el), so I'm not sure if it's something related to my custom multilingual configuration causing it; but if so, I have no idea how it is possible, since I'm using EPrints vanilla import utility.

More specifically, that's what I get:

$ ./bin/import --verbose --user admin testpamak1 inbox BibTeX /tmp/my_bibtex.txt "my" variable $mesg masks earlier declaration in same scope at (eval 153) line 114, <DATA> line 751. Possible attempt to put comments in qw() list at (eval 158) line 18, <DATA> line 751. defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/share/eprints3/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/BulkAction/Remove.pm line 46.
    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)

Starting EPrints Repository.
Connecting to DB ... done.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Id.pm line 50. Undefined phrase: eprint_fieldopt_monograph_type_technicalreport (el) at line 126 in /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Set.pm Undefined phrase: eprint_fieldopt_monograph_type_technicalreport (el) at line 126 in /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Set.pm Undefined phrase: eprint_fieldopt_monograph_type_technicalreport (el) at line 126 in /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Set.pm Undefined phrase: eprint_fieldopt_monograph_type_technicalreport (el) at line 126 in /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Set.pm
Number of records imported: 1
13229
Ending EPrints Repository.

Can anyone confirm the problem in their repositories as well? If so, I suppose we should file a bug report in EPrints github.

Ah, and grepping my repostitory for technicalreport returns nothing, so it's probably created dynamically from BibTeX.pm...? However, looking at my BibTex.pm's code (lines 340-344), the line adding this code seems fine (it sets a technical_report). Could this problem be related to the masking warning I get when running my import command? (and by the way, how can I find which file causes this message?)

My /tmp/my_bibtex.txt content is:

@TECHREPORT{RePEc:rim:rimwps:15-19,
title = {The Day-of-the-Week Effect is Weak: Evidence from the European Real Estate Sector}, author = {Bampinas, Georgios and Fountas, Stilianos and Panagiotidis, Theodore},
year = {2015},
institution = {The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis},
type = {Working Paper Series},
abstract = {The day-of-the-week effect for the securitized real estate indices is investigated by employing daily data at the global, European and country level for the period 1990 to 2010. We test for daily seasonality in 12 countries using both full sample and rolling-regression techniques. While the evidence for the former is in line with the literature, the results for the latter cast severe doubts concerning the existence of any persistent day-of-the-week effects. Once we allow our sample to vary over time, the average proportion of significant coefficients per day ranges between 15% and 24%. We show that higher average Friday returns evident in previous literature, remain significant in 21% of the rolling samples. We conclude that daily seasonality in the European Real Estate sector is subject to the data mining and sample selection bias criticism.},
url = {http://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:rim:rimwps:15-19}
}

Thanks all in advance!

George