From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Ian Stuart
Sent: 23 October 2015 09:53
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Server information request

On 23/10/15 09:18, Alan.Stiles wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is anyone running their eprints installation in a load-sharing configuration?  Have you had any issue around db tables / file share locking or anything else that occurred that you hadn't expected?

As in live-live?

Yes.... no problems.

You need both systems to point to the same database, and you need both systems to mount a common filestore under archives<archive_id>/documents & archives<archive_id>/html

.... but I can process a stream of 30,000 SWORD deposits load-balanced across two hosts, no problems

--

Ian Stuart.
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team, EDINA, The University of Edinburgh.

http://edina.ac.uk/