[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Community Contribution Day
As they are remote, I assume having a short meeting during the day won't be a barrier to participation?
Lizz Jennings BA MSc ACLIP MCLIP (Revalidated 2015)
Technical Data Officer
The Library 4.10, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY UK
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)
E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk
Research Data Management: http://www.bath.ac.uk/research/data
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Field A.N.
Sent: 22 October 2015 11:18
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Community Contribution Day
As mentioned in my previous email, I'd like to organise a day on which the community can contribute to EPrints. Typically, these days are run with the coders doing EPrints development, but I think that every member of the EPrints community has something to offer.
* Perhaps you have some internal documentation that you could get up on the wiki
* Do you understand an aspect of EPrints well enough to improve the documentation?
* Are you a developer? How about verifying pull requests or fixing issues?
* Could you make a video walking us through how you do something in EPrints?
* Are you really good at organising? Can you make a list of jobs that could be done on the day and act as a dispatcher?
* Can you help people get started -- there might be a lot of willingness, but contributors may need to be introduced to our systems (e.g. wiki accounts and best practices).
* Could you take a look at existing wiki pages and classify pages as Good / Needs Improvement / Needs Removal?
These are just some ideas of what could get done on the day (and in the run-up). On the day, we will coordinate online in some way (suggestions, anyone), and hopefully achieve the following:
* Improve EPrints
* Improve the Documentation
* Strengthen the Community
* Create a Model for Future Contribution Days
Please have a look at your calendars for the last three weeks of November and mark your availability on this doodle:
Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead EPrints Services
+44 (0)23 8059 8814
*** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
*** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
*** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
*** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/