[EP-tech] Re: Error while starting HTTPD

Dear Dhanwantari,

I suppose the file should have been created during the installation
process. Nonetheless, mine contains this:

#
# apache.conf include file for EPrints
#
# Any changes made here will be lost if you run generate_apacheconf
# with the --replace --system options
#

# Load the perl modules & repository configurations
PerlSwitches -I/usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib
PerlModule EPrints
PerlPostConfigHandler +EPrints::post_config_handler

# Load the per-repository apache configuration
Include /usr/share/eprints3/cfg/apache/*.conf

but its parent folder should contain other files (and subfolders) as
well, which are needed for EPrints to run; are you sure you have
installed everything correctly?

Try running the following command as the eprints user (within ~eprints
folder):

$ ./bin/generate_apacheconf your_repo_name

to generate apache's configuration (changing your_repo_name to your
repository name). I assume it'll create all necessary apache files for
EPrints to run correctly (if you haven't already created an eprints
repository, this should be the time to do it, by running ~./bin/epadmin
create).

Good luck.

PS. Doesn't CentOS have a package for EPrints?

--
George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,
PhD (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),