[EP-tech] Re: Email system using msmtp

Thank you Lizz. I will try it.

Regards,
Agung Prasetyo W.

On Oct 15, 2015 4:04 PM, "Lizz Jennings" <E.Jennings@bath.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I remember having to add a "hello" bit to Email.pm which this blog post about EPrints and Gmail also suggests (plus for Gmail you need the port, username and password too - mine was just to get to the internal mail server):

http://dpk011.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/using-gmail-smtp-for-sending-emails.html

That solution seems to be a bit outdated, and the comments suggest it's not quite right, but is perhaps a step in the right direction?

Lizz

--  Lizz Jennings BA MSc ACLIP MCLIP (Revalidated 2015) Technical Data Officer The Library 4.10, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY UK Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570) E.Jennings@bath.ac.uk

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Ajunk Pracetio <prazetyo@gmail.com>
Sent: 15 October 2015 06:25
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Email system using msmtp

Hi,

My server doesn't have sendmail. And then I install msmtp and using my gmail account as smtp.

Please someone can help me how I can integrate this msmtp with Eprints? I already check perl_lib/Eprint/SystemSetting.pm and it's only have smtp_server setting and perl_lib/Eprints/Email.pm with many script that make me confuse :(
Another file that I check is archives/sir/cfg/cfg.d/email.pl

Please someone can help how I must doing.

Thank you

Regards,
Agung PW

--
Life isn't valuable if you don't have someone to care