[EP-tech] cgi/search?myfield=foobar&action=export&format=xml (or whatever the syntax...)

Hi,
I've searched around but can't find any basic documentation of the cgi/search function, and my mental perl interpreter is struggling with the source code.

Q: Is it possible with the CGI search interface to send a query string naming a field and a search term, and specify the return format as XML - either full XML for matching records(minus files), or a better still a list of eprint IDs that match the search?  It looks like it should be possible, but a simple example would be a whole lot easier than reverse-engineering the whole search script in my head.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

Andy Reid
Research Information Manager
Room G43, Executive Office
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel St
LONDON WC1E 7HT
+44 020-7927-2618