[EP-tech] https and $session->config('userhome')

All,

What is the best config value to use for the base URL when dealing with both http and https connections?

I see in 10_core.pl the following defined, but obviously they don’t automatically switch based upon http vs. https.

$c->{http_root} = undef;

$c->{https_root} = '/secure';

$c->{http_cgiroot} = '/cgi';

$c->{https_cgiroot} = '/secure/cgi';

But is there a $session->config(‘{???}’) value that automatically switches between http and https as needed?

The reason I am asking is in the code for meprints, we are having an issue with the “Edit Profile” link on the user’s homepage isn’t redirecting properly to https (aka “/secure/…”).  I suspect that the issue is found here: https://github.com/eprintsug/meprints/blob/66da9c9c7bfb04dfa202368ad03cacc5ffe61fca/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/User/EditLink.pm#L64  However, I’m at a loss as to what to replace the $session->config( ‘userhome’ ) value with.  I suspect that there is a https or /secure that needs prepended to the string and I figure there is a short cut that I can use like $session->config( ‘cgiurl’ ) etc. or something similar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian.

Brian D. Gregg

Solutions Architect | Manager Systems Development

University of Pittsburgh | University Library System

Address: 7500 Thomas Blvd.  Room 129 Pittsburgh, PA 15208

Tel: (412) 648-3264 | Email: bdgregg@pitt.edu | Fax: (412) 648-3585