From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 2:23 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Temporarily Disabling Deposits/Edits during migration/upgrade.

Hi Brian,

In the past I've been advised to alter the user_login method to return 0 (so no one can log in), and then to remove the login tickets (so current sessions aren't valid).

This approach obviously depends on what login methods you've got configured for your repository.

Also worth noting that the access table will continue to grow even if people can't do stuff...