[EP-tech] See other users' deposits (admin) or continuing part of: Per user-group workflow and permissions

Hi all,

After having decided -along with our library staff- to assign a user as the owner of each deposit when migrating from DSPace to EPrints based on each publication's author, the head librarian asked me if it is possible for a user or group (eg. admin) to be able to see other users' deposits and probably take over the deposit procedure.

They asked me that, because they said that some Professors (and please don't laugh) may not be able to login, watch their deposits and submit them so that a reviewer can move with the depositing procedure henceforth, and so it would be desirable for somebody to be able to see and handle all deposits, even those that are still pending (eg. not in the archive dataset).

What would be the proper procedure of doing this? After thinking a bit, I think I'd prefer if this deposit list could be produced using already existing code, so it could be some custom search that searches in other datasets (eg. buffer) based on the owner field. And this search should only be available to admin or staff. In this example, I haven't brought up the search functionality accidentally, on the contrary it already incorporates all the desirable functionality wrt displaying, grouping and selecting eprints.

Of course, any other ideas (like Adam's favourite: a plugin) that would produce the same functionality, *in an easier way*, are more than welcome!

Thanks all in advance,

George.

PS. Sorry If this behaviour is already supported by EPrints and I haven't managed to make it work.

--
George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,
PhD (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),