[EP-tech] Re: MySQL version

On 30/06/15 07:59, George Mamalakis wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Without being able to give you an authoritative answer, I see no reason
> why EPrints wouldn't support the latest MySQL version available (or
> MariaDB for that matter), since by diagonally looking at its tables, I
> haven't seen any peculiar MySQL-specific stuff happening.

I can confirm that EPrints will work quite happily with a PostgreSQL
database.... though you definitely need a MySQL instance to actually
install the app from source.

However the original posters question was about the VERSION of MySQL -
and eprints doesn't do anything platform-specific.... so unless
different versions of MySQL don't support some part of the SQL Standard,
version won't matter.

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.