[EP-tech] Re: DataObj->render_citation options

Thanks. It's a hole of my own digging where I've amended the creators render to format internal author names as links to their author browse view unless nolink is set.  Elsewhere I'm then trying to use the citation but without the links rendering.  I've worked around it for now with some cludgy regex but it seems like there should be a more elegant solution.  I'll have a look at these links and see what comes out.  Thanks for taking time out of your holiday.

Alan

From: Adam Field [mailto:af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk]
Sent: 13 July 2015 03:59
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: DataObj->render_citation options

The actual call appears to be here:

                https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/Script.pm#L149

...which appears to hard-codes nolink to 0.  You can define opts in print tags in citations, so it's not beyond the realms of reason that this can't be passed through the twisty rabbit warren.  The opts are just sucked up into the arguments here:

                https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/XML/EPC.pm#L250

What is the actual problem you're trying to solve?

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services

I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.