[EP-tech] Re: Edit 'Latest Additions' page

Hi Mike

	See line 73 of the cgi/latest script -- there's a block that looks like this:

	https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/cgi/latest#L73

	else
	{
		my $dow = (localtime(time-$d*86400))[6];
		$day = $session->html_phrase( "cgi/latest:day_".$dow );
	}

	If you look at the documentation for localtime ( http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/localtime.html ), you'll see that it returns an array of 'bits' of the date (with the weekday at index 6, which is what is collected above).

	Something like this should work:

		my $date_string = EPrints::Time::human_time($time-$d*86400);

	OR

		my ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time-$d*86400);
		my $date_string = join('/', ($mday, $mon, $year)); #or however you want to build your date string.

	...then replicate the line that passes this value to a phrase (you should probably create a new one).

	(note that I've just typed these code fragments into my email, so they may not even compile)

	As a best practice, you should copy the script and modify in a different file (call it latest-6-months or something), and then link to it from your repository.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services

I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.