[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Bibtex output and ORCID

On 13/05/15 09:34, Andrew Beeken wrote:
Hello all! We’re currently having a big push on ORCID signup at
Lincoln and have been getting some very positive movement from our
academics. However, we are having some issues with getting EPrints
records into ORCID – every now and then we will get a Bibtex file
that runs into problems when uploading to ORCID. The specific error
is that there is a problem with the Bibtex structure, rendering it
unreadable. Has anyone else encountered this? I’m wondering if the
records have some unescaped characters in them that are causing the
Bibtex to break, however I’m unsure of how to go about testing the
syntax of a Bibtex file. Any pointers would be most helpful!

My first thought would be "are you sure its the ORCID that's the problem?

BibTek is based on LaTeX, and LaTeX is a 7-bit ASCII construct with encodings: (José Joaquín Mira => Jos{\'e} Joaqu{\'i}n Mira)

Could this be the basis of your problem?

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.