[EP-tech] Re: ORCiD

On 16/01/15 14:09, John Salter wrote:
> Hi, How is anyone storing an ORCiD in EPrints?
>
> Out-of-the-box, EPrints has creators with a name component, and an id
> component. The default name of this field is 'Email':
> https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/lang/en/phrases/system.xml#L396
>
>  I was thinking or using it to store the ORCiD instead of the email
> address, but didn't know if any 'best practice' was emerging yet?

Like lots of people have already said, I've just added an extra field to
"creator" however Martin's point is well made: authors are not
normalised across records - meaning the same [identical] name is listed
for each record it appears in.

This is, perhaps, something to feed into the EPrints 3.4 or 4.0 roadmap?

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.