Lizz

Technical Data Officer
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)
E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk
Research Data Management: http://www.bath.ac.uk/research/data

-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 16 January 2015 14:10
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] ORCiD

Hi,
How is anyone storing an ORCiD in EPrints?

Out-of-the-box, EPrints has creators with a name component, and an id component.
The default name of this field is 'Email':
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/lang/en/phrases/system.xml#L396

I was thinking or using it to store the ORCiD instead of the email address, but didn't know if any 'best practice' was emerging yet?