[EP-tech] Re: Auto complete not working for authors

Hi Alen,

Thank you for your reply!  Don't worry I have a test instance for all this
:)

My MySQL version is 5.0.95 and I did do the databse upgrade after
installing the new version.  After some bug fixing my instance is working
fine (except for one or two missing phrases but I'll get to this soon
enough).  I can deposit new documents, run searches, etc.  But that damn
auto complete is working for the title but not for the authors.

I have checked the eprint_creators_name table and all the varchar columns
have "latin1_swedish_ci" as Collation.  Does it have to be utf8?  From
what I read utf-8 should work with latin1 collation...

Am I understanding this right?

Thanks for clearing that up!