[EP-tech] Not Importing other metadata fields using the XML Plugin

Hi

I am trying to import an XML formatted file in Eprints as outlines in
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~uazmjg/eprints/archives/000074.html . Below is
the file that I have created using the XML::Writer from metadata harvested
from an OAI-compliant repository using the  Net::OAI::Harvester .

<eprints>

<record>

<field name="userid">1</field>

<field name="datestamp">2010-07-26</field>

<field name="type">article</field>

<field name="title">State - Civil Relations and Economic Management: the
contribution of the Institute of Development Studies, University of
Zimbabwe</field>

<field name="creators">

        <part name="given">Donald</part>

        <part name="family">Chimanikire</part>

</field>

<field name="divisions">universities</field>

<field name="keywords">civil society</field>

<field name="keywords">state relations</field>

<field name="keywords">economic management</field>

<field name="keywords">Southern Africa</field>

<field name="keywords">Zimbabwe</field>

<field name="eprint_status">archive</field>

<field name="metadata_visibility">show</field>

<field name="full_text_status">none</field>

<field name="URL">http://hdl.handle.net/10646/8</field>

<field name="abstract">Paper presented at a National Workshop sponsored by
OSSREA on "Promoting Good Governance and Wider Civil Society Participation
in Eastern and Southern Africa: The Case of Zimbabwe", 15 September
2000</field>

</record>

</eprints>

Now when I import using the command    ./bin/import   researchdatabase
--verbose    --user 1  archive  XML  output.xml

Where output.xml is the file with the xml that is shown above, I get the
following message:

Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/Apache/DBI.pm line 264.

Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/Apache/DBI.pm line 288.

"my" variable $basename masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/MetaField/Secret.pm line 169.

Starting EPrints Repository.

Connecting to DB ... done.

Number of records imported: 1

525

Ending EPrints Repository.

However, on  accessing the record 525, the record has no metadata values
that were in the file output.xml. It only contains the auto-generated
metadata fields

Article #525

UNSPECIFIED UNSPECIFIED

Full text not available from this Research Database.

Publication Type:

Article

Submitting User:

Mr. Research Administrator

Date Submitted:

26 Feb 2015 18:21

Last Modified:

26 Feb 2015 18:21

URI:

http://rczproject.uz.ac.zw/id/eprint/52
<http://rczproject.uz.ac.zw/id/eprint/525>

I will appreciate any pointers as to where I am getting it wrong.

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)

ICT Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

Mob:+263782476883

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities."  Josiah Charles Stamp
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4867406.Josiah_Charles_Stamp>