[EP-tech] Re: Multiple Compound Views

Hi Alan

	Hmmm...  I do remember there being a subtle issue with this kind of browsing because there is no explicit link between the two sub fields when you're browsing.  EPrints will create the first menu by finding any item with Funder A in it, then all items with Funder B in it.  Of those two sets of items, it will then look for projects, but it doesn't know that projects belong to funders.  Essentially, when you access the subfields directly, both the funder and the project are simple properties of EPrints, with no connection between them.

	That's why we have subject trees, but I understand that that's not an appropriate solution (unless you know all the projects and funders in advance).  There is a projects and funders extension, which is here: https://github.com/eprints/funders , but I don't believe it's complete and I'm not sure how (or if) it handles browsing.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services