[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EP-tech] Re: Autocompletion, external source: ROMEO




On 30/11/15 15:52, George Mamalakis wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm almost done with my installation/configuration. These are my last
> questions, and once I'm through with them I'll finally air my EPrints
> installation!! :):)
>
> My library staff asked me to use the ROMEO url lookup (by looking up its
> database). So, I tried to follow the specific wiki section of the
> autocompletion guide
> (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Autocompletion#external_source), aaaaand...of
> course I didn't manage it :(.
>
> I edited my field to call the new lookup function and added the new
> lookup function in my config. I don't seem to be getting any errors in
> my apache log files, and I can see with tcpdump that whenever the
> autocomplete ajax request is triggered, traffic from my machine to port
> 80 of www.nottingham.ac.uk is generated (which probably implies that my
> queries are sent there via some service). Nonetheless, I don't seem to
> see any feedback in my field.
>
> More specifically, my cfg/workflows/eprint/default.xml is as follows:
>
> <component type="Field::Multi"><field ref="ml_title" required="yes"
> input_lookup_url="{$config{rel_cgipath}}/users/lookup/get_journals"
> input_lookup_params="id={eprintid}&amp;dataset=eprint&amp;field=ml_title"/></component>
>
>
> since I'm using a multilingual setup (so I'm using the ml_title field
> instead of the title field), and my
> ~eprints/cgi/users/lookup/get_journals is exactly the one shown in the
> wiki page.

I recognise my writing style :)

Is cgi/get_journals returning any data?

Try knocking up a quick script which basically does "perl get_journals" 
- but includes all the stuff you need to get the library path for 
EPrints, and provides the current repository.

The get_journals script as on the page should be dumping html fragments 
into your apache error_log (the ' warn "\n\n$html\n\n";' line in 
'process_journal' - if you're seeing nothing, then the LWP::UserAgent 
call isn't getting any data - add some debugging statements into the 
code to check the value of $query, and of $content (in 'get_journals')

-- 

Ian Stuart.
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
EDINA,
The University of Edinburgh.

http://edina.ac.uk/

This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.