From: "Sheppard, Nick"
Date:31/01/2015 00:13 (GMT+10:00)
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Promotion mechanism (dev-live)

Apologies in advance if I’m using incorrect terminology as I try to translate a conversation with technical colleagues.

We are trying to set up a promotion mechanism – using Subversion – whereby a web developer based in the library can pull down eprints-dev, edit, and put back up to Subversion -> eprints-dev.leedsbeckett.ac.uk for testing before promoting to the live code and on to eprints.leedsbeckett.ac.uk.

As I understand my colleagues aren’t finding this entirely straightforward due to various eprints-dev parameters / configurations. Is anyone able to offer any tips on setting up a promotion mechanism?

Thanks

Nick

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )