[EP-tech] Re: Login required to retrieve requested documents

Hi,

Just to clarify the standard implementation of the eprints' request a
copy feature.

When you submit a Request a Copy request, EPrints attempts to find a
matching user account based on the contact email registered for the
eprint. If a registered user is found (and the requested eprint has the
document uploaded), the "Accept" and "Reject" is rendered in the email,
so the requestee can simply follow these links to approve/reject
requester's access to the document. Otherwise, the requestee will just
receive a request email, which he needs to send the original document
manually.

Once the requestee approves the request, a new email with the direct
link to download the file is sent to the requester. This link contains a
special cookie code that allows the requester to download the document
directly, without login.

However, we have seen in some deployment (especially the single sign
ons), the login redirects would simply ignore the special cookie code
and send the requester to the login page anyway.

I hope these helps
Jiadi

--
Jiadi Yao