[EP-tech] History dataset, or IRStats 'History' processor

Hi,
I'm looking into some statistics that I've been asked to provide (or, whether I can provide them at all).
One of them is a measure of the eprint_status over time - to measure how much processing we have to do, and whether we're dealing with it in a timely manner.

The answer to the query can probably be answered using the 'history' dataset - which stores timestamps for when items are moved between the different status' (amongst other things).
IRStats2 has a processor for the 'history' dataset, but out-of-the-box, I can?t see anything that actually uses the data that it generates.

Has anyone done anything using either the history dataset, or the IRStats processed history data?