[EP-tech] Modifying compound fields with eprint_fields_automatic

Hi all,

I'm getting in a bit of a tangle.

I'd like to be able to add a function to eprint_fields_automatic for the
creators field to generate affiliation information based on email
addresses (where it's obvious e.g. academic institutions). I've hit a
stumbling block immediately - I can't seem to get this to work without
overwriting the whole thing with a single row (I've managed several
variations on this particular theme).

This currently works to overwrite the whole list with the first creator
and does add in or change the affiliation.

     if ( $type eq "data_collection" ) {
             my $creators = $eprint->get_value( "creators" );
         my @newcreators;
         foreach my $creator (@$creators) {
             push @newcreators, [{ name => $creator->{name}, id =>
$creator->{id}, orcid => $creator->{orcid}, affiliation => "bibble",
contact => $creator->{contact} }];
         }
         $eprint->set_value( "creators", @newcreators );

     }

Any ideas on how to do this properly would be much appreciated.

Lizz

Technical Data Officer
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)
E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk