[EP-tech] Re: change subjects list in advanced search to real tree view

Hi Jens,

I would start with a new component field plugin. So your workflow would look like this:

<stage name="subjects">
    <component type="Field::Subject_plugin_by_jens">
      <field ref="subjects" required="yes"/>
    </component>
  </stage>

Make a copy (including path from InputForm) of perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/InputForm/Component/Field/Subject.pm to the cfg/plugins directory, rename and build your required functionality in this new pm.

I think that is the "official" way, though there could be others.

Cheers,

Rory

Rory McNicholl
Lead developer, Research Repositories Team
Academic Research Technologies
University of London Computer Centre
Senate House
Malet Street