[EP-tech] Building Browse views

Hi all,

Anyone have any idea what functions/modules are involved in rebuilding views using the click in the admin view to rebuild them on next request?  Are they the same chunks of code as those used when you run bin/generate_views ?

I ask as I’m having issues with the generate_views function throwing fatal "Malformed UTF-8 character" messages when it encounters accented characters e.g. á, ç, é  in author names for the view titles and I get question marks in diamonds in place of the accented characters, but if I just flag the views to be rebuilt as they are requested, then the titles generate with the correct characters ???

Thanks for any thoughts,

Alan Stiles, Digital Repository Developer: http://oro.open.ac.uk
Library Services, The Open University