[EP-tech] Re: My First Bazaar Package

Hi John,

thanks for your reply.

The hello_world.pl was being copied.

When I enabled the plugin the repository config was being reloaded but nothing was happening. So, I've just done a manual epadmin reload of the repository and then restarted apache and its suddenly now working!

I'm not sure exactly what the issue was, could be the cache.

Many thanks for you help.

Best wishes,

Simon

Simon Jennings.
Research Data Management Software Developer
Library & Archives Service
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

>>> John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk> 06/10/2014 16:14 >>>
Hi Simon,
I haven’t worked through the tutorial, but some of these might help :
- Look in the Admin -> Misc Tools tab if there is one (see also: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Where_Plugins_Appear)
- Is there anything in the Apache error log?
- Did you remember the '1;' at the end of lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/Hello.pm

- When you ‘enable’ the package, the .pl file should be copied from:
lib/epm/hello_world/cfg/cfg.d/hello_world.pl
archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/cfg.d/hello_world.pl
Does this look like it is happening?

Let us know how you get on!

I've been working through the "My first Bazaar package" tutorial on the wiki:

http://wiki.eprints.org/w/My_First_Bazaar_Package

and can't seem to get it to work. I've completed all the steps, up to and including step 5. The package is installed and enabled with both the pm and the pl files in the correct directories:

lib/plugins/EPrints/plugin/Screen/Hello.pm

lib/epm/hello_world/cfg/cfg.d/hello_world.pl

After disabling the plugin, selecting the files, and then re-enabling I'm still not able to see the new tab or button in the admin -> system tools.

Any pointers in where I might be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

simon.jennings@lshtm.ac.uk