[EP-tech] Re: first install - problem with apache config?

Hi Michael,

I've just done this myself.

My main problems were in changing the <archive_id> in the .conf but it looks like you did this.

It could be step 4, where you need to add the domain name to the hosts file?

Simon.

Dr Simon Jennings.
Research Data Management Software Developer
Library & Archives Service
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

>>> Michael Comerford <Michael.Comerford@glasgow.ac.uk> 26/09/2014 14:34 >>>
I'm trying to install EPrints on Ubuntu 14.04 I've followed the guide for 14.04 from here:
http://wiki.unimas.my/unimaswiki//bin/view/HOW-TO,+Tutorial+&+User+Manual/HOW-TO+:+Install+Eprints+v3.3.12++on+Ubuntu+14.04+With+LDAP+Authentication

Install seems fine, apache log looks fine,

but I still only get the default Apache page when I visit the host and port Eprints is set up for.

I was assuming its a problem with my virtual host setup in /usr/share/epints3/apache/<archive-id>.conf

This is what that file looks like:

#
# apache.conf include file for ir
#
# Any changes made here will be lost if you run generate_apacheconf
# with the replace option
#

# The main virtual host for this repository
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName ubdc-r720xd-2

  ServerAdmin **************

  <Location "">
    PerlSetVar EPrints_ArchiveID ubdc2

    Options +ExecCGI
   # Order allow,deny
   # Allow from all
    Require all granted
  </Location>
  ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/eprintserror.log
  CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/eprintsaccess.log combined

  # Note that PerlTransHandler can't go inside
  # a "Location" block as it occurs before the
  # Location is known.
  PerlTransHandler +EPrints::Apache::Rewrite

</VirtualHost>

Am I looking in the right place for the problem?

Thanks,

Michael