[EP-tech] Re: SWORD deposit

On 27/08/14 14:13, Andrew Beeken wrote:
Cool - thanks; how would we go about using it once it¹s installed?
Presumably we have to pass the data to an endpoint but how is it
formatted/authenticated?

That particular importer (and SWORD is just another way of importing data) is for records in the Publications Router (was called Broker) format.

If you want to import records in another format, you need to have an importer that can understand THAT format

Question - How much of how SWORD works are you comfortable with?
SWORD is basically and http POST request to the server, with some header fields to define what code is needed to interpret what's coming in, and the actual "payload" as the Body of the POST Request

For SWORD 2 - I got as far as writing http://wiki.eprints.org/w/SWORD_2.0

(the code for my importer is at https://github.com/edina/RJ_Broker_2 - have a look, take a copy, hack about to get an understanding of what does what...)

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.