[EP-tech] Re: Injecting gigabyte-scale files into EPrints archive - impossible?

The only option seems to enlarge the tmp :-)

Il 01/08/2014 15:31, Florian Heß ha scritto:
Am 01.08.2014 11:52, schrieb Yuri:
There's no official documentation about toolbox, it should be documented
better.

Can't you just use import with this options:

      --enable-import-ids
               By default import will generate a new eprintid, or userid for
               each record. This option tells it to use the id spcified in the
               imported data. This is generally used for importing into a new
               repository from an old one.

       --enable-file-imports
               Allow the imported data to import files from the local
               filesystem. This can obviously be seen as a security hole
if you
               don't trust the data you are importing. This sets the
               "enable_file_imports" configuration option for this session
               only.

after you've exported the eprints, modified the document section and
reimporting it?

Thanks, Yuri ...

I've gone that way already I am afraid. If the system didn't try to
upload, it wouldn't cry "not enough diskspace left on device".

So that nothing remains untried, I run:
bin/import $repo --enable-import-fields --enable-file-imports document
XML $xmlfile
Error! Unhandled exception in Import::XML: Can't write to
'/tmp/E2FCKTjvNh': Auf dem Gerät ist kein Speicherplatz mehr verfügbar
at /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol.pm line 115. at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/LibXML/SAX.pm line 80 at
.../eprints/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/XML/LibXML.pm line 137
(The above error message is just german here)

Even dropped "file://" prefix hoping that would make the system run a
plain filesystem operation (as the above docs imply), but it still uses LWP.

It said "Download (0b)", and when I cp'd the file where it is expected
it still "failed to get file contents". I finally solved this by
studying the sources and then manually inserting values
(FILEID,0,"Storage::Local") into files_copies_pluginid and values
(FILEID,0,FILENAME) into files_copies_sourceid database table. It works
now like a charm, but hacking the database should not be necessary,
promise I will use the API in the future. ;-)

Another option is to use a Perl Library for efficient file handling and
change the code where it does

    join("", <STDIN>)
Still from get_data() is expected a string. This maybe wouldn't be the
only place to change.

The function should return a reference to a scalar, something like \do{
local $/; scalar <STDIN> }, which I did not test however. This is known
as the file-slurping idiom in perl. But this code is still dangerous,
simply - i.e. erroneously - attach a neverending story to standard input
and your system will have a hard time to provide infinite memory.

Kind regards
Florian