[EP-tech] Re: DataCite registration plug-in setup

Hi Jana,

As it happens, I've been working on two repositories with a very similar profile to yours. Both have Recollect (customised) + DataCite to register DOIs

I've found and overcome a few issues with the DataCite plugin myself. These were not related to integration with the recollect plugin, but I can only speak for my repos in that respect.

If you show us the contents of your datacitedoi.pl file I can see if I can spot any miss-configuration (please don't paste in your DataCite credentials!)

For example a trailing slash is needed for the mds url.

The plugin does a poor job at passing on the error messages that the datacite API reports, so as it stands you have guess what the problem might be.

I intend to package up and publish a version of the plugin logs the API errors (+some other features and fixes).

Maybe I'll get a chance before or during the repository Fringe next week.

Thanks,

Rory

Rory McNicholl
Lead developer, Research Repositories Team
Academic Research Technologies
University of London Computer Centre
Senate House
Malet Street
London
WC1E 7HU

t: +44 (0)20 7863 1344
e: rory.mcnicholl@london.ac.uk
w: http://www.ulcc.ac.uk/

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales.