[EP-tech] Re: generate_views - no list pages...

I did a fresh re-install from apt-get, applied the patches relating to
apache 2.4, generate_views, restart apache, but still have the lack of
such as 2005.html

Thinking it could be related to not producing the view to put onto the
dynamic page, I tested the various searching, and get results - I'm
assuming the view for the specific year might be a variation on this
search/view.

The list page shows - but just not generating the specific year pages.

As I've not modified anything (other than the apache 2.4 patches) I
can't see what I might be missing here.

Nick Wallingford
Tauranga, NZ

On 19/06/14 10:30, Nick Wallingford wrote:
> OK, I've got the Ubuntu nicely running 14.04, and using eprints 3.3.12
>
> I'd done the misc. apache 2.4 patches to sort out the errors/warnings as
> suggested in http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/thread-19050.html
>
> Re-generated views appears to be OK.  Restart apache.
>
> But still, the sub-pages such as /view/year/2005.html show as 404 - not
> being dynamically built when requested, from what I read from John below.
>
> No clues from the apache access or error logs (apart from error.log
> reporting that "script
> '/usr/share/eprints3/archives/test/html/en/view/year/2005.html' not
> found or unable to stat, referer: http://research.i.ac.nz/view/year/";
>
> In the year folder, index.html gets generated and written to disk with
> generate_views, but 2005.html does not (as it is created 'on the fly'?)
>   But I note that though there is an (empty) index.template file, there
> is no 2005.template file.  Should there necessarily be?
>
> I'm thinking there must be some 'enabling' that I need to do for those
> views before the sub-pages will generate as they should?  But
> (obviously) new to the application, too!
>
> Nick Wallingford
> Tauranga, NZ
>

> On 16/06/14 21:07, John Salter wrote:
>> Glad you're enjoying your experiences so far!
>>
>> If your version of Ubuntu shipped with Apache 2.4, this will be
>> useful: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/thread-19050.html
>> If you have any other questions, you know where to ask!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> John

>>> 2013.default.export
>>> 2013.default.include