[EP-tech] Re: Altmetrics

Yes, that will make any linux tool/most PERL libraries to use that proxy
setting (eg wget, UA).

However that file might be over-written by EPrints (it's auto-generated
from the local conf).

One way to have this into EPrints is to edit
eprints/archives/<id>/cfg/cfg.d/session.pl (create it if it doesn't
exist) and:

$c->{session_init} = sub
{
         my( $repository, $offline ) = @_;

*        $ENV{http_proxy} = "http://wherever.your.proxy.is:3128/**";*
  };

Then restart apache (perhaps the indexer too).

Seb