[EP-tech] Re: Search oddities

Okay, so the basic search and the advanced search run with two different
methods? Simple uses Xapian and Advanced uses internal SQL? So if the
items are not turning up in the simple (Xapian) search then it¹s likely to
be an indexing issue?

On 17/06/2014 16:36, "Sebastien Francois" <sf2@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

>Also watch out that the simple search is configured to use Xapian and
>the other searches (eg. the advanced search) to use the internal search
>(MySQL). This could lead to different results, which is not very good, I
>know.
>
>Seb.
>
>On 17/06/14 16:42, Jan Ploski wrote:
>> The first thing I'd check if whether it is related to stemming or stop
>> words filtering controlled by cfg.d/indexing.pl.
>>
>> For example, we've had a case where a user was unable to find an item
>> with "GNSS" in title because they entered "gnss" and indexing.pl
>> converted that search term to "gns" assuming that the "s" at the end is
>> plural. :-/
>>
>> So examine the general_log of MySQL queries executed when you perform a
>> search for the missing item - check whether they contain any
>> suspiciously "malformed" conditions.

>*** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>*** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>*** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.