[EP-tech] Re: Search oddities

We're currently noting that sort of behaviour on our repo
(research.library.mun.ca) as well. In our case, text extraction for
single (PDF) items is occasionally failing within complete reindexes
only (such as might be scheduled periodically via cron); single item
reindexes give no issue. You might want to log the verbose output of a
full reindex to text to see if your problematic particular items are
throwing errors within the context of the larger reindex, e.g.:

eprints@yourrepo:~/bin$ script ../indexlog_20140617.log
Script started, file is ../indexlog_20140617.log
eprints@yourrepo:~/bin$ ./epadmin reindex your_repo_name eprint
--verbose
eprints@yourrepo:~/bin$ exit
Script done, file is ../indexlog_20140617.log

 In particular, we've noted trouble a number of pdftotext calls, though
we haven't any resolution yet.

Cheers,
Casey

Casey Hilliard
System Administrator
Library Information Technology Services (LITS)
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Ph: (709)864-6267
Ce: (709)699-3041