-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Proposal: EPrints Developers Powwow
Date: 	Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:03:42 +0100
From: 	Sebastien Francois <sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: 	eprints-uk-user-group at googlegroups.com

Hi all developers,

As to complement Tim's email - please join in and get involved! It's
your chance to become a main contributor to the core code and to make
sure that your work gets noticed and re-used by the EPrints community.
It's also a good opportunity to work on some interesting & more modern
concepts to push EPrints forwards.

(*) You may view the Xapian search/faceting in action:
http://vmdev1.eprints.org/cgi/xapian - don't get fooled: it's pretty and
is working but there still are a number of issues to resolve to
integrate this work nicely into EPrints

(*) Some EPrints4 objectives (ok those are quite low-level, technical
aspects): http://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints4_Status

I will free some code and docs before these events. If you do not have a
github account yet, I recommend you sign up and look up the EPrints
git-hub repository: https://github.com/eprints

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Sebastien