[EP-tech] Re: to connect my repository to the mail server

Ochoa,

This will also be useful – using ‘triggers’ is the more correct way of doing things in modern versions of EPrints:

http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/15819.html

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 14 May 2014 14:01
To: 'eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk'
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: to connect my repository to the mail server

Hi Ochoa,

When you installed EPrints, or configured an archive, there should have been the option to specify a mail server.

This may be in:

~/lib/syscfg.d/settings.pl

For each repository, look in:

~/archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/cfg.d/email.pl

- this will probably just use the configuration from the settings.pl file (unless you’ve configured anything specially for the archive)..

In terms of interacting with the deposit process, take a look at this:

http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/14586.html - the email gets slightly mangled:

This line:

my( $eprint, $old_status, $new_status ) =  AT _;

Should be:

my( $eprint, $old_status, $new_status ) =  @_;

In more recent versions of EPrints, this could/should be done using a trigger.

Hope that’s enough to get you started.

PS In your email signature (last line), you’ve got ‘http//:’ instead of ‘http://’