Universit?t Z?rich
Winterthurerstr. 190
CH-8057 Z?rich

mail: martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56705
fax: +41 44 63 54505
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Von:	sf2 <sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An:	eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Datum:	23/12/2014 13:59
Betreff:	[EP-tech] Re: Antwort:  Re: Xapian install on Ubuntu 12.04
Gesendet von:	eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk

Hello Martin,

So:

1- not real issues, no - but it's a fairly basic implementation - I think
it indexes fields which shouldn't be indexed (eg search for "00" will match
every records cos the "dir" field is indexed). And there's no advanced
features like record caching, faceting, fields collapsing, suggestions, ...
all supported by xapian though.

2- nope - I think EPS have one install that uses it but that was being
implemented around the time I left so don't know where this went. It's at
the "please test this" stage I'd say. But I appreciate it's not an easy
task to take on as it requires knowledge of xapian (or solr or else) "under
the hood".

3- my test dataset used 22k records: http://vmdev1.eprints.org/cgi/xapian
(note I don't control that url anymore) - seems fast. It scales in O(n*m)
if I recall correctly, with n the number of (matching) records and m the
max number of facet values (m=1 for single fields and max(m) = 5 by default
for multiple).

Hope this helps,

Seb