[EP-tech] Re: Antwort: Re: Xapian install on Ubuntu 12.04

Hello Martin,

So:

1- not real issues, no - but it's a fairly basic implementation - I
think it indexes fields which shouldn't be indexed (eg search for "00"
will match every records cos the "dir" field is indexed). And there's no
advanced features like record caching, faceting, fields collapsing,
suggestions, ... all supported by xapian though.

2- nope - I think EPS have one install that uses it but that was being
implemented around the time I left so don't know where this went. It's
at the "please test this" stage I'd say. But I appreciate it's not an
easy task to take on as it requires knowledge of xapian (or solr or
else) "under the hood".

3- my test dataset used 22k records:
http://vmdev1.eprints.org/cgi/xapian (note I don't control that url
anymore) - seems fast. It scales in O(n*m) if I recall correctly, with n
the number of (matching) records and m the max number of facet values
(m=1 for single fields and max(m) = 5 by default for multiple).

Hope this helps,

Seb

Links:
------