[EP-tech] Antwort: Issue with OAI endpoint

Dear Andrew,

exactly in this moment we are experience similar problems - OAI skipping
randomly records where it should not.

In your case, we have found that the XML output produced by OAI contains an
invalid XML character. I append your XML record and a simple XSLT style
sheet that tests on validity of the XML. You can use a XSLT processor such
as Saxon to run it.

> saxon oai2.xml test.xsl
Error on line 26 column 106 of oai2.xml:
  SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: An invalid XML character
(Unicode: 0xc) was found
  in the element content of the document.

(See attached file: oai2.xml)(See attached file: test.xsl)

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Br?ndle
Zentrale Informatik

mail: martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56705
fax: +41 44 63 54505
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Von:	Andrew Beeken <anbeeken at lincoln.ac.uk>
An:	"eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Datum:	18/12/2014 15:36
Betreff:	[EP-tech]  Issue with OAI endpoint
Gesendet von:	eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk

Hello all! I?m doing some testing on OpenAire and I?ve come up on a funny
one. One of our records seems to return as empty on our OAI endpoint:
http://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/cgi/oai2?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:eprints.lincoln.ac.uk:6922
. Other records seem to be coming back okay but this one is broken and is
throwing out OpenAire. I?m not sure where I should start looking at
debugging this, whether it?s the endpoint or the record itself, so any
pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has
established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction,
excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately
and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another
person or take copies.

Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln
makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot
guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance
with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at:
http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.