[EP-tech] Re: SWORD deposit

I mis-read the original post..... you're looking for how to POST INTO a
repo?

That's simple.... its an http post request, with certain headers set.

So - the first thing you need to know is how you are going to package
your deposit (the EPrint XML format is the simplest solution, but
requires work in your depositing service to create that XML.)

   http://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/sword-app/servicedocument

will return all the formats your repo understands

You will get a list something like:

   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/x-bibtex
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/x-eprints-import-bibtex; charset=utf-8
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/x-eprints-import-doi; charset=utf-8
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/vnd.openxmlformats</accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/msword
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/x-eprints-import-pubmedid
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/x-eprints-import-pubmedxml
   </accept>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/vnd.rjbroker
   </accept>
   <sword:acceptPackaging>
     http://opendepot.org/broker/1.0
   </sword:acceptPackaging>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/vnd.eprints.data+xml; charset=utf-8
   </accept>
   <sword:acceptPackaging>
     http://eprints.org/ep2/data/2.0
   </sword:acceptPackaging>
   <acceptPackaging>
     http://purl.org/net/sword/package/Binary
   </acceptPackaging>
   <accept alternate="multipart-related">
     application/octet-stream
   </accept>

So the deposit is created (perl-wise) thus:

   my $ep = $session->eprint($eprintid);
   my $mime_type = 'foo'; # where "foo" is one of <accept> values above

   my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
   my $auth = "Basic " . MIME::Base64::encode( "$username:$password", '' );
   my %headers = (
     'X-No-Op'             => 'false',
     'X-Verbose'           => 'true',
     'Content-Disposition' => "filename=" . $some_filename,
     'Content-Type'        => $mime_type,
     'User-Agent'          => 'Your external service',
     'Authorization'       => $auth,
   );

   # This URL is for a new deposit ONLY!
   my $url = 'http://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/id/contents';

   my $buffer = $scalar_string_of_whats_to_be_deposited;
   my $r = $ua->post( $url, %headers, Content => $buffer );

   my $content = $r->content;
   if ( $r->is_success ) {
     my $return_id;
     print "SUCCESS.\n";
     if ( $content =~ m#<id>([^<]+)</id># ) {
       $return_id = $1 if $1;
     }
     print "return_id = $return_id\n";
   } else {
     print "FAIL\n";
   }

..... Enjoy!

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.