[EP-tech] Interesting issue with EP 3.2 & Perl 5.20... noticed with SWORD

I'm moving a repo...
... from Solaris containers to Virtual Machines running Redhat Centos
... from Perl 5.10.1 to Perl 5.20

Everything seemed fine, until I started testing the SWORD conenctions -
and I was getting errors!

Checking in a web broswer, normal pages are fine: I can browse and surf
with no issues... but when I try to get a "servicedocument" I get

EPrints System Error

Can't copy /home/eprints/ePrints/archives/eprints1/cfg/static to
/home/eprints/ePrints/archives/eprints1/html/en: Is a directory

Turns out that EPrints::Utils::copy uses File::Copy::copy - and
File::Copy::copy has undefined behaviour when copying 1 directory to
another.... and it was broken with this new configuration!

I installed File::Copy::Recursive and edited EPrints::Utils::copy to use
it.... and "happy days!"
(use File::Copy::Recursive::rcopy - its smart and will do
File::Copy::copy or File::Copy::Recursive::dircopy as appropriate)

So - a potential bug for future installations, and something I need to
remember to check when I upgrade to 3.3.12 :)

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.