[EP-tech] Re: Conversion of images, videos into preview/thumbnail versions

Thanks again Jiadi!

/When I do:/
SELECT default_character_set_name FROM information_schema.SCHEMATA WHERE
schema_name = "eprints_db_name";

/I get:/
default_character_set_name: latin1

/But when I do:/
show table status from eprints_db_name;

/I get:/
Collation: utf8_general_ci

/Knowing this, it enough for me to do the following?/
ALTER DATABASE eprints_db_name CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

It seems that it would be quite time consuming to convert every single
table in the EPrints DB one by one.

Actually I have never upgraded EPrints, I installed EPrints 3.3.12
through apt-get on Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS and then transfered the DB
and files to Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS, when my VPS provider upgraded
their systems. I followed this guide, I don't know if that is where the
db confusion began.
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Moving_a_repository

Thanks a lot for your help!