De : eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] De la part de Andrew D Bell
Envoyé : 18 février 2014 07:23
À : eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Objet : [EP-tech] Re: Upgrading eprints version to 3.3.12

Hi Pierre,

It may be that Seb will be able to give you some advice tomorrow, but for now here are our tips:

Yes, it should run on CentOS 6.5 64 bits.

You would probably be best to install on a clean system in parallel rather than trying to upgrade in situ.

Here are some packages that you will need:
yum install mysql mod_perl httpd libxml2 pdf-tools ImageMagick ghostscript ghostscript-fonts mysql-server antiword poppler-utils yum install perl-XML-LibXML perl-Unicode-String perl-CGI perl-Date-Calc perl-Digest-SHA

Much depends on how much customisation you have done and how cleanly.

Andrew

On 17/02/14 21:00, Nault, Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	We are running on Eprints 3.1-2008-12-03-r3984 on a CentOS 5.10 version. We are thinking on migrating to Eprints 3.3.12 on a CentOS 6.5 64 bits. Regarding these operations, things are not very clear on how to proceed. Can someone shed some lights on these issues:
>
> -Does Eprints 3.3.12 can run on a CentOS 6.5 64 bits ?
> -How do we upgrade Eprints 3.1 to 3.3.12 ? We found http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Moving_a_repository but is there some specifics instructions to take into account when upgrading from 3.1 to 3.3.12 ?
> -Furthermore, which would be the simplest way to achieve this migration of OS and version of Eprints ? Upgrading the OS and then upgrading the Eprints version ? Moving the repo on a Centos 6.5 and then upgrading the Eprints version ?
>
> Your help would be very much appreciated on this matter,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pierre Nault
> System Librarian
> UQAM Libraries
> Québec/Canada

Andrew D Bell
EPrints Services
School of Electronics and Computer Science University of Southampton Southampton
SO17 1BJ

+44 (0)23 8059 8814
a.d.bell@ecs.soton.ac.uk

http://www.eprints.org/