From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of stof999@cmdt.ch
Sent: 05 February 2014 14:07
To: Eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] remove "request a copy"

hello

we imported some 36000 publications from a foreign system into our
eprint (boris.unibe.ch) repository, using a special import user as
depositing user.
in the foreign system were no full text stored, so the imported eprint
also do not have a full text.

now there are a lot of "request a copy" demands for this eprints,
which we can't support. so we like to remove the "request a copy" link
for this eprint, doing this by remove the email adress for the import
user.

according to the source code there should no "request" link be showed
when there is no contact_email AND no email of the depositing user.
but the request link will now only be removed when the eprint is
edited and stored.

is there a way to force this change?

thanks a lot.