From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Ian Stuart
Sent: 04 February 2014 11:35
To: eprints
Subject: [EP-tech] Creating new citation formats....

I'm creating a new citation for my repository.
(EPrints 3.2 - if it makes a difference)

The basics are fairly easy:

   <PATH_TO_ARCHIVE_ID>/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/MyExporter.pm
is basically a copy of an existing exporter (try text.pm)

and
   <PATH_TO_ARCHIVE_ID>/cfg/citations/eprint/my_cite.xml
describes the format (using EPrint EP3 Control codes)

I've two questions:

1) Can I force a newline without having to use a phrase?
<print expr="\n" /> doesn't work

2) Can I generate a link to export the eprint in a specific format, to
be included in the citation?

What I want to be able to do is create a list of records something like:

Picus viridis, Yaffle and Stuart, Ian (2012) A test article.  Nature.
ISSN 12775
<http://repo.example.com/1783/>
<http://repo.example.com/cgi/export/eprint/1783/REM_Atom/broker-eprint-1783.xml>

I can get the first two lines, nice and easy - though only on one line...

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.