[EP-tech] Re: Restored users do not sort properly

Am 31.01.2014 14:43, schrieb Sebastien Francois:
Hi Florian,

Perhaps your ordering issue relates to the following issue:
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/48

Hi sebastien,

Yes, the patch looks promising. :-)

About exporting passwords: perhaps you can patch the relevant code in
EPrints for the duration of your export (MetaField::Secret::to_sax
presumably).
Your answer makes me wonder if that will really be complete then. I think I'll gather the required dependencies from the sql dump in order to have complete control over what is inserted. May VIM support me on this impossible quest.

When you INSERT'ed the missing users, did you also INSERT data into the
aux. tables (user_roles etc)?

No, I hoped EPrints would silently recreate them, such a //= kind of thing. When e-prints or users are created, those dependent entities are created as well. So naive-me would wish the system would make sure, on the epadmin recommit command at least, that every dataobj is fully functional and lacks of nothing the system would likewise care for when creating it anew via the web interface. But then, as a programmer's notion, this requirement yet smells of smelling code unless planned and thought-over and drafted for a month or so. :-)

Kind regards
Florian

Seb.